[gmx-users] Problem with GROMACS and AMBER ff

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 16 13:33:36 CEST 2015

On 6/15/15 4:49 PM, Celia wrote:

> Hi all. We doing a MD simulation with GROMACS using AMBER force field.
> During the simulation the disulfide bonds are increasing over time. We set
> the bridge manually with pdb2gmx. Someone help us?

Probably something went wrong with this manual hack.  If pdb2gmx didn't assign
it, then the geometry probably wasn't amenable to creating a disulfide, in which
case you have to do some refinement first.  If you manually added a bond, did
you correctly assign the right side chain state for CYS (i.e. not the thiol
form) and add all other angles and dihedrals correctly?

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore