[gmx-users] on gmx make_ndx

Brett brettliu123 at 163.com
Thu Jun 18 14:29:03 CEST 2015

Dear Justin,

For the on-line command " g_dist -s run.tpr -f run.xtc -n index.ndx -o dist.xvg", then for the ndx file, it should contain 2 group of atoms, for example, 1 group is r 22 & a OE2, the other group is r 137 & a NH1. In the single ndx file, should I name these 2 groups separately? Otherwise how does g_dist determine the 2 groups for distance calculation? But if in the same ndx file it include 3 groups, what g_dist will do?

Brett