[gmx-users] CHARMM Pulling LINCS Error

Todd 53148 todd53148 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:40:19 CEST 2015

Dear Gromacs Users,

I have been trying to pull my protein's center of mass away from the
alpha-carbon of a residue.  My pull group consists of non-hydrogens at
least 3 residues distant from the tether residue, which is restrained.

I am using implicit solvent in gromacs 4.5.5, pulling at 0.000005nm/ps with
a 0.002 dt.  I have equilibrated for 100ns, and I do not think that more
equilibration is necessary.  Equilibration generated no LINCS errors.

With pulling and restraint force constants of 3000kJ/(mol*nm^2), I
generated LINCS errors at about step 30 of the pull.  They were also
generated at a pulling rate of 0.  I was able to do the same experiment in
OPLS-AA with no LINCS errors.

I decreased the force constants to 1000, and only got a LINCS error for one
of 50 pulls (50 different residues' CAs).

Any advice on where I could be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.
An example mdp is below.

Thanks very much,

Todd

define          = -DPOSRES