[gmx-users] polarisable force field in Gromacs?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jun 19 15:07:55 CEST 2015

On 6/19/15 2:57 AM, Albert wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am just wondering is there any polarisable FF such as AMOEBA FF in Gromacs?

I recently implemented our Drude force field:

http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.23937

I haven't made an announcement yet because tutorial materials are not finished.
I didn't want people working with it without instructional materials because
there are many practical considerations in polarizable simulations that are
somewhat different from typical additive models.

If you want to be a guinea pig, clone the master branch and do a 'git checkout
drude' to get the code.  Contact me for the force field files.

I expect to have tutorials done soon; I would prefer to release everything all
at once so I am not managing lots of individual requests.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore