[gmx-users] Protein-DNA simulation LINKS error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 23 22:15:29 CEST 2015

On 6/23/15 7:13 AM, Timofey Tyugashev wrote:
> I'm trying a few simulations of a enzyme-DNA complex and while in short
> timeframes (up to 5ns) the behaviour looks quite normal, a 10ns simulation
> crashes with numerous LINCS warnings.
> Maybe there are some errors in mdp configuration file? To mine inexperienced eye
> they look good enough.
> I'm using AMBER99SB-ILDN with TIP3 water model and 1.0 dodecahedron water box,
> system requires around 30 Na atoms to compensate the charge. I also create a
> combined group Protein_DNA using make ndx.
> Here are the MDPs:
>
> Ions: http://pastebin.com/xCUqiDM0
> EM: http://pastebin.com/WcXdXBWf
> NVT: http://pastebin.com/sdVqfGDM
> NPT: http://pastebin.com/AsMVC7yH
> MD: http://pastebin.com/sne7Fpzt
>
> Any help?

AMBER99sb-ILDN uses different cutoffs so correct those, but that alone is not
necessarily to blame for the crash.  In general, here's the usual
troubleshooting protocol:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Blowing_Up#Diagnosing_an_Unstable_System

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy