[gmx-users] GMX_LARGEFILES looks ignored in cmake of gromacs-5.0.5

Makoto Yoneya makoto-yoneya at aist.go.jp
Wed Jun 24 01:57:34 CEST 2015

Dear Mark and Roland:

Thank you for response.

> Why did you decide to try to set it?

> Why do you ask? What do you try to achieve?

For me, I found it is necessary to compile gromacs with
MinGW32 on 32bit windows PC.
Up to gromacs-4.6.7, it works without any troubles for me
(see https://staff.aist.go.jp/makoto-yoneya/MDonWINPC/ for full
cmake options.)

The reason to try MinGW (not Cygwin) is it runs standalone
in command prompt of windows PC.
I'd been using this gromacs compiled MinGW for short practice class
for primers.
It is much easier than the Cygwin version because we can skip troublesome
Cygwin installation and explanation of some linux commands.

I'm very happy to hear the way to re-activate GMX_LARGEFILES option or
way to compile with MinGW32 without using this.

Regards,

Makoto Yoneya, Dr.
AIST, Tsukuba
JAPAN