[gmx-users] Viewing gromacs .xtc trajectory 'Error reading timestep, file does not match format'

Vidyalakshmi CM vidyalakshmi.cm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:00:46 CEST 2015

Dear Sir,

I used the gromacs gmxcheck command and I got the following output display:

Item        #frames Timestep (ps)
Step          4840    5
Time          4840    5
Lambda           0
Coords        4840    5
Velocities       0
Forces           0
Box           4840    5

Therefore the total number of frames in the file seems to be correct and
also read by the gromacs program.

In such cases what could be the possible reason.

Thanks and Best Regards,
C.M.Vidyalakshmi