[gmx-users] Energy minimisation goes to several values

Kevin C Chan cchan2242-c at my.cityu.edu.hk
Mon Jun 29 09:32:38 CEST 2015

Thanks Justin again for the reply.

Your example was very clear and I would rather drop such minimization protocol. Honestly such protocol comes from the conventional step-wise relaxation (or pre-equilibrium) practice for protein MD simulations. I believe you must have heard people constraining heavy atoms (carbon alpha atoms or sometimes even the backbone) during heating, box relaxation and then releasing them by decreasing the spring constant step-by-step before they started a production on the protein. So how do you comment on this stepwise protocol? If it is applicable, should it be turned on during energy minimization or just started from heating?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin