[gmx-users] Cyclohexane OPLS-AA topology

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jun 30 19:28:57 CEST 2015

On 6/30/15 5:43 AM, Simone Aureli wrote:
> Hi, I created a topology file for all-atom cyclohexane molecule with
> OPLS-AA force field and I need a little help. I assigned to the Carbon atom
> the function opls_157, while to the hydrogen the function opls_156. Are
> they correct according to your opinion?

There's a lot of redundancy in the OPLS atom types with respect to the nonbonded
parameters.  Those types end up being the same as opls_135 and opls_140, which
are probably more "conventional" in representing hydrocarbons.  See e.g. amino
acid side chains.  Whether or not those work for cyclic species, well...you'll
have to try them and see.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629