[gmx-users] Two strange problems when using GPU on multiple nodes

Mark Zang zangtw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 23:33:42 CEST 2015

Thanks for the quick response! The second problem is clear to me now but still not quite clear about the first one..

I have run pure MPI simulations of the same system on the same machine before. In that simulation, the trajectory file with 11G size generates in 48h. However, in my current simulation where GPUs are used, only 5~6G data is generated in 15h (1.5x simulation speed with half the number of nodes using GPU :D  ) and the simulation stops. It does not make sense to me and I guess it shouldn’t be caused by the file size limit.

Is there any method to figure out what happened to my filesystem after 15h simulation?

Thanks again

—
Sent from Mailbox