[gmx-users] gromacs 5.0 tools: gmx distance and gmx mindist time series

oliwias oliwias at ethz.ch
Thu May 7 15:33:28 CEST 2015

Hi Mark,

I'm quite new to gromacs, so thanks for your help! I have an md
trajectory in 3 files. I used:
gmx_trjcat -f md1.xtc md2.xtc md3.xtc -o md.xtc -settime
in order to get one file for analysis. I set the time of the first file
to 0.0, and for the next two files I set the time to "c" (continue, I
suppose). When I run:
gmx check -f md.xtc -s1 md_2.tpr -c
I get a message:
"Timesteps at t=20000 don't match (2, 5)"

I don't know why... The only reason that comes to my mind is that
between run 1 and run 2 I changed the frequency of output.

Still, I don't understand why I get the time series when using the tool
from gromacs 4.6 (seems that it doesn't care about the timestep
mismatch), but not using gromacs 5.0?

Cheers,
oliwia