[gmx-users] all-atom pca

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:43:35 CEST 2015

Hi Tsjerk

I think am lost now when you say 'filtered' which I don't know what it
means. Manual says:

-proj : calculate projections of a trajectory on eigenvectors

-extr : calculate the two extreme projections along a trajectory on the
average structure

Saying that analysis done on heavy atoms and structures obtained from -extr
(only two) and -proj (max and min) should exactly match. As you said
extremes from -extr will not exactly overlap -proj for heavy atom analysis
as they are not 'real ones' but how they are filtered? (some philosophical
concept would really help as sometime back you explained giving hands
motion on desk!)

There is separate -filt option which I have not used.

Thanks
Jio