[gmx-users] Error 'Atomtype NTL not found'

Ta-Chou 黃大周 joe781114 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 22:16:00 CEST 2015

Dear all,

Actually, I had google for this error message, but I can't understand the
answer clearly, and it seems the previous question didn't finish yet.

I want to run a MD simulation with amber force field for a membrane protein.
And the simulation box contains my goal membrane protein, POPC lipid and
water, later will add ions.
I choose the force field: amber99sb-ildn, and download the POPC.itp file
from this website:
http://bioinf.modares.ac.ir/software/mb/lipid_topology_files.htm

In my top file, which will use in later grompp command.
Top file as below:
; Include forcefield parameters
#include "amber99sb-ildn.ff/forcefield.itp"
#include "POPC.itp"

; Include chain topologies
#include "tm_Protein.itp"
#include "tm_Protein2.itp"
#include "tm_Protein3.itp"
#include "tm_Protein4.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "amber99sb-ildn.ff/spce.itp"

; Include topology for ions
#include "amber99sb-ildn.ff/ions.itp"

After I type grompp command, it shows the error 'Atomtype NTL not found.'
I found that the NTL atom-type showed in POPC.itp file.
Can anybody help me to fix this problem? Or I should modify this itp file?

Also, if you can't understand my question, please tell me and I will
explain it clearly. Because it is important to me.

Best wishes.
Ta-Chou

黃大周/Ta-Chou Huang
生醫光電研究所/Institute of Biophotonics
生物醫學工程學院/School of Biomedical Science and Engineering
國立陽明大學/National Yang-Ming University
台灣台北市立農街155號2段/155, Sec. 2, Li-Nong St. Taipei, Taiwan
電話/Phone: +886-2-2826-7000#6201
手機/Mobile: +886-918-099-508