[gmx-users] Giving an initial velocity to a group of atoms

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sun May 17 17:47:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

You can use grompp to generate velocities, use editconf to turn the .tpr
into a .gro file, and then do some operation on the velocities (e.g. add
constants to various groups) but this won't help much in the condensed
phase, because of collisions. Pulling groups is a different matter - see
manual and tutorials.

Mark