[gmx-users] warter freeze into ice when "cutoff-scheme=Verlet" and "coulombtype = cut-off "

niexuechuan niexuechuan at 126.com
Mon May 18 03:57:45 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,
         I found that after gromacs version 4.6, when set "cutoff-scheme=Verlet" and "coulombtype= cut-off", the waters in the system will freeze into ice.  I known that charge-groups are necessary when using plain cut-off electrostatics. But I'm surprised that why the waters freeze into ice when using plain cut-off electrostatics without charge-groups?  Could someone explain how it happenes?

My mdp files are like this:

integrator               = md
constraints              = all_bonds
dt                       = 0.002