[gmx-users] Gromacs in UBUNTU

Sanchaita Rajkhowa srajkhowa18 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:05:45 CEST 2015

Hi

actually all other commands are working fine. only when I am runing:

----------------------------------
g at chandan:~$ gmx solvate -cp protein.pdb -cs tip4p.gro -p topol.top -o
solv.pdb
No command 'gmx' found, did you mean:
 Command 'gm' from package 'graphicsmagick' (universe)
 Command 'gcx' from package 'gcx' (universe)
 Command 'gmt' from package 'libgenome-perl' (universe)
 Command 'ngmx' from package 'gromacs' (universe)
gmx: command not found

this error is coming.

"gmx solvant doesn't exist, of course, but I assume that was a typo!"

I have all options but its not working and even it doesn't show like other
commands in the installation dir /soft/gmx504/bin/....

what else to try!!