[gmx-users] Gromacs in UBUNTU

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon May 18 17:28:34 CEST 2015

Hi,

Use gmx_mpi solvate.

You can get away with using pdb2gmx_mpi in GROMACS 5 just like old GROMACS
versions only because those are magically transformed into things like
gmx_mpi pdb2gmx, to provide a year of backwards compatibility. But
providing backwards compatibility for a new name was not really a good
thing to do, so there is no solvate_mpi.

GROMACS 5.1 will remove the old-style names without gmx prefixes, so people
need to start getting used to using the gmx prefix (or learn to roll their
own symlinks).

Mark