[gmx-users] PMF calculation with constraint distance

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 22 22:26:35 CEST 2015

On 5/21/15 5:19 PM, leila salimi wrote:
> Thanks Justin. Yes I have done PMF with Blue moon ensemble with DFT. Now I
> want to do the same with gromacs to have some knowledge  about my FF
> parameters and compare with my DFT results!
> You meant I have to do with different configuration and average the forces?
> I am wondering that I did in DFT for each constrained distances around 15
> ps MD and then I used averaged forces for each distances!

I don't know what your QM involved; when I hear "Blue moon" I think of the
beverage - cheers! :)

If your QM gave you an energy vs. time plot, that's not a PMF.  That's a
potential energy scan with some fixed intermolecular geometry.  Again, maybe I
just don't know what you're doing.  In principle you could do the same thing
with a rigid constraint between the groups, but your post is a bit confusing.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore