[gmx-users] Is it reasonable to get a bad Ramachandran plot after MD?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed May 27 08:05:18 CEST 2015

Hi Kevin,

What happens if you bring the temperature down gradually to experimental
(crystallization) conditions?

For each residue, what is the proportion of time spent in 'forbidden'
regions? Is there a correlation with B-factor? And what would be the effect
of the outliers on the experimental observable (the scattering pattern, not
the fitted, energy minimized structure)?

Cheers,

Tsjerk

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.