[gmx-users] Simulation at Different pH's

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri May 29 19:15:02 CEST 2015

On 5/29/15 9:05 AM, xy21hb wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I would like simulate a protein-water binary system at different pH's.
> The protein is quite typical, could be lysozyme. So no need to worry about proton transfer.

Proton transfer can occur for any titratable group; I wouldn't necessarily
assume it to be irrelevant.

> Should I still try constant-pH or any simpler methods available?

"Constant pH" specifically refers to techniques in which protonation states can
change.  If you're looking solely at pH in terms of dominant protonation states,
then just setting up the topology to reflect the dominant forms of all
titratable groups is easy enough, and is commonly done.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore