[gmx-users] Problems with mktop 2.2.1

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 3 23:14:15 CET 2015

On 11/3/15 9:22 AM, Chiara Bello wrote:

> Dear Gromacs users,

>   am a student from Queen's University of Belfast, I have some problem
> using on gromacs a topology file obtained by mktop 2.2.1 and it would be great if you could help me.
> When I run this command on gromacs:
> grompp -f minim.mdp -c solvated_fivemol.gro -p topology_3.1.top -o em.tpr
> I obtain this error:
> Program grompp, VERSION 4.6.5
> Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.6.5/src/kernel/topdirs.c, line: 146
>
> Fatal error:
> Invalid dihedral type 180
>
> Can you explain me what's it mean?What is dihedral type 180?
>
> I built topology file as follows:
> perl mktop_2.2.1.pl -i IBU_corrected.pdb -c charges.txt -o topology.top -ff opls -conect no
>   wrote the charges.text and I set "connec no" to let mktop determine
> bonds, angles and dihedrals basing on the atomic distances in PDB.
> At the top of the topology file I changed [moleculetype] = MOL to = IBU and at the bottom I changed [molecules] = MOL to = IBU.
> I attached my files.

The list does not accept attachments.

Apparently your topology is misformatted.  grompp is finding 180 (which is
probably a phase angle) in place of a function type.  It should be easy to spot
because it will be obviously wrong compared to what you will find in Chapter 5
of the manual.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629