[gmx-users] (MD with constraints giving LINCS error using N cores not on 1 core)

JINGJING HUANG jjhuang0520 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 03:20:55 CET 2015

Dear Gromacs users,

Sorry for my incomplete information about my previous problem.

1. It takes around 290 steps for this error to occur.
2. When using particle decomposition in GROMACS 4.6 for another similar system, this error didn’t occur.
3. The system was energy minimized with constraints. And the energy minimization was completed at around 700-900 steps.
4. I also reduce the emtol to 800, 600, and 300, but the errors still occurred, if distance constraint was applied.
5. The box size of my system is 5.9366 nm (cubic box)
6. This error occurred when I use 8, 16 and 32 cores. But when I use one core, I didn’t get the error as I mentioned before.
7. When I reduced the time step to 1 fs, the error still occurred.
8. When I changed the parameters in output control (nstxout/nstvout/nstfout/nstlog=10) to get the first few frames and to visualize these in VMD, I found the distance constraint was failed (the helical structure was deformed and extended very quickly )(But I am sure I've put the distance constraint to the peptides). When I compared these first few frames of this system(with distance constraint) with another same system (without distance constraint), I found helical structure in system WITHOUT distance constraint could stay undeformed (nearly rigid just in the first few frames I guess).

Thank you very much
Jingjing