[gmx-users] Protein-ligand error pdb2gmx

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Nov 6 18:00:03 CET 2015

On 11/6/15 11:45 AM, Poncho Arvayo Zatarain wrote:

> Hello: I made the Apoferritin-T4 Lysozyme tutorial of Justin, then i change the ligand and simulated Apoferritin with an anaesthesic (halothane) and everything is fine. I tried to run a third simulation using halothane as ligand and DPPC instead of Apoferritin. I have a folder of gromos53a6.ff with all the parameters of this forcefield. But when i try to run pdb2gmx, the following error appears: Fatal error: "Residue DPP not found in residue topology database". The only different thing i did was aggregate the gromos53a6.ff folder and change Apoferritin for DPPC (i obtained DPPC.pdb and dppc.itp structure from P. Tieleman webpage). How can i solve this error?

Start by Googling and surely you will find
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#Residue_'XXX'_not_found_in_residue_topology_database

Stock 53A6 is probably not the best choice for simulating membranes.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore