[gmx-users] How to restrain the center of gravity

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:12:43 CET 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM Hirayama, Kazunori <
kazunori.hirayama at astellas.com> wrote:

> Hello, this is the first post for me. My apology for any rudeness.
>
> My molecule of interest is a protein of about 12kD.
> When I elevated temperature from 400K to 500K with .mdp file according to
> a tutorial, it seems that the proteins are shaking or parallel shifting.

Internal vibrations are normal. Diffusion is normal. Crossing periodic
boundaries is normal. What do you think is a problem?

Is it necessary for us to restrain the center of gravity?

That's a question whose answer depends on what you're trying to achieve.

If so, could you show us which parameter to modify in .mdp file.

> My parameters relevant to restraint are shown below:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Constraints_and_Restraints

Mark