[gmx-users] support mmcif format?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:35:21 CET 2015

Hi Mark:

thanks a lot for such explanations.

I really looking forward to that Gromacs will one day support exporting
trajectory to mmCIF format. The current .PDB format really cost plenty
of problems due to its limitation, especially considering nowadays
simulations system become bigger and bigger. As far as I know, many
visualization tools such as Pymol, Chimera, Jmol and so on support mmCIF
very well. Even in the latest version of Pymol, it uses mmCIF  as
default format to downloading files from PDB bank server.

Here are more reasons to support mmCIF file:

http://mmcif.wwpdb.org/docs/faqs/pdbx-mmcif-faq-general.html

I wish the developer could pay attention to the evolution of PDBx/mmCIF
format.

Thank you very much.

Albert