[gmx-users] symtab get_symtab_handle error

Zhaleh Ghaemi zh.ghaemi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 19:55:41 CET 2015

Dear Justin,

Thanks for your reply. For several reasons I'd like to do the rest of the
simulations with Gromacs 5.0.
I read on the previous posts that one solution to avoid this problem would
be to extend the simulation using grompp. Following that gives really
strange results: I generated the tpr file with grompp and ran a short test
simulation (on stampede machine) and the run generates normal output and
went fine. But if I send the longer version (for a day) it generates
the get_symtab_handle
799 error and the run crashes at the start of simulation. Namely, this line
works:

ibrun -np 16 mdrun_mpi -s md2.tpr -cpi md.cpt -deffnm md2-test  (10 mins on
stampede on normal queue)

But using *the same input files *does* not *work,

ibrun -np 80 mdrun_mpi -s md2.tpr -cpi md.cpt -deffnm md2 (24 hrs on the
same queue)

Any suggestion what could be the reason?

Thanks,
Zhaleh