[gmx-users] TIP3P for GROMOS96 force field

João Henriques joao.henriques.32353 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 20:40:28 CET 2015

You may not want to use TIP3P with GROMOS ffs, as the latter were
intended/developed to be used with the SPC variants.

Still, if you really want to use TIP3P, you'll have to get your hands dirty
and let the force field know about the water model in question. I.e. you
must edit the force field. A first place to look at is the ffnonbonded.itp.
You must introduce the HW and OWT3 atom types and their c6 and c12
parameters, etc.

Still, please notice the earlier warning. GROMOS and TIP3P may not go well
together (I haven't checked the literature).

Best regards,

/J