[gmx-users] Atom OXT in PHE

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 1 14:23:56 CEST 2015

On 9/30/15 1:06 PM, Sepideh Kavousi wrote:
> Hi,
> In the force fiels that you use this atom in not introduced. you have to
> import the information of atom in the atomtypes.atp file in the related
> force field you use

The error is not at all related to the content of atomtypes.atp.  The problem is
with an incorrect or unexpected determination of a chain ending, hence
attempting to build a COO- terminus (with atom named OXT).  Errors related to
atom *names* are distinct from those related to atom *types* (which would show
up in grompp more often than pdb2gmx).

-Justin

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 2:15 AM, Amali Guruge <amaligg2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>

>> When I give pdb2gmx command I got the following error.
>>
>> Atom OXT in residue PHE 765 was not found in rtp entry PHE with 20 atoms
>> while sorting.
>>
>> How can I fix this problem? Can anyone help me?
>>
>> Thank you...
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at
>> posting!