[gmx-users] Martini domain decomposition problem

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:57:51 CEST 2015

Hi Gábor,

Without more details (and little experience with martini systems) I can
suggest: tweaking DD so you don't end up with a too small box wrt the
number of cells by:
- Changing the number of ranks by using less/more cores to get a convenient
decomposition; I assume you had 6x4x4 before on 96 cores, so you can try
using e.g. 80 cores which will give you a 5x4x4 DD grid;
- Use OpenMP: your 6x4x4 DD with 1 OpenMP thread/rank will become 4x3x4
with 2 threads/rank.

Cheers,

--
Szilárd