[gmx-users] Peptide, lipid simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 1 18:08:16 CEST 2015

On 10/1/15 9:07 AM, badamkhatan togoldor wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,I would like to use g_membed to insert my peptide into membrane. But I got this errors and notes in grompp
> ERROR 1 [file membed.mdp]:
>    Energy group exclusions are not (yet) implemented for the Verlet scheme
>
> NOTE 4 [file membed.mdp]:
>    NVE simulation with an initial temperature of zero: will use a Verlet
>    buffer of 10%. Check your energy drift!
>
> NOTE 5 [file membed.mdp]:
>    You are using a plain Coulomb cut-off, which might produce artifacts.
>    You might want to consider using PME electrostatics.membed.mdp file include following options: integrator          = md
> energygrps        = Protein
> freezegrps         = protein
> freezedim          = Y Y Y
> energygrp_excl   = protein protein
> nsteps               = 1000
> So I don't know I have to put more options? or use other .mdp file? If someone have appropriate .mdp file, please share !

The error and note 4 are related to the Verlet scheme, so switching to
"cutoff-scheme = group" is needed here.  For note 5, it's probably not that big
a deal in this context, but don't try to run a simulation with a plain cutoff.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore