[gmx-users] installing gromacs-5.0.5

mohammad r mohammad.r0325 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 11:49:51 CEST 2015

Hello everybody;
I want to install gromacs-5.0.5 in ubuntu-14.04 using the installation instruction in the website "gromacs.org", but in the "cmake .. -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON -DREGRESSIONTEST_DOWNLOAD=ON" line I got this error:
-- No compatible CUDA toolkit found (v4.0+), disabling native GPU acceleration
CMake Error at cmake/gmxTestSimd.cmake:160 (message):
  Cannot find compiler flags for 128 bit AVX with FMA support.  Use a newer
  compiler, or choose SSE4.1 SIMD (slower).
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:720 (gmx_test_simd)

I've updated the gcc compiler but again this error occurred.
I used the "sudo apt-get install gromacs" command but this installed the gromacs-4.6.5 and I want gromacs-5.0.5.can you help me, please?
Thank you, Mohammad.