[gmx-users] Extending simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Oct 10 18:33:51 CEST 2015

On 10/10/15 12:28 PM, thomas knitter wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
>
> My MD run is extending wall time limit which is 100 hours and tried to make
> the system picked from where it left off. I used ""trbconv" command as
> suggested in GROMACS 5.0.4 manual but an error message keeps popping up on
> the screen and says that this command  was removed from the GROMACS 5.0.4
> version. Any help appreciated.

For simply extending a simulation that didn't finish you do not need to invoke
anything other than mdrun -cpi.

The new command is gmx convert-tpr, with equivalent syntax to tpbconv.  See also
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Tool_Changes_for_5.0

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629