[gmx-users] protein complex

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 20 00:44:32 CEST 2015

On 10/19/15 9:56 AM, Sana Saeed wrote:
> thanks for your reply. but i want to simulate it in gas phase. and i don't know
> which steps to follow.

Vacuum protein simulations have been discussed recently; check the archives and
try Google.  The protocol is simple.  Energy minimizaation, then a non-PBC
simulation with zero cutoffs.  Whether or not there is an additive force field
that can adequately model the gas phase is another story.  Additive biomolecular
force fields overestimate gas-phase dipoles to mimic condensed-phase behavior.

-Justin