[gmx-users] Confusion on improper dihedrals and Urey-Bradley (lost when converting from Amber with acpype)

Nicolas Cheron nicolas.cheron.boulot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:14:25 CEST 2015

Dear all,

10 days ago I had this question regarding the conversion of force fields
with acpype. After a thorough analysis (via single points between Amber and
Gromacs), I have reached the conclusion that acpype can't be use blindly
for the conversion of CHARMM22/27 force field in the Amber format (prmtop)
to Gromacs. Please note that I have found that acpype is working smoothly
when converting Amber force fields in the Amber format to Gromacs and is
very useful for that purpose. However, Urey-Bradley terms and improper
dihedrals in the CHARMM22/27 force fields are not taken into account
properly by acpype. I just wanted to report this in case other people find
the same problem.

Nicolas