[gmx-users] Virtual Sites + Capped Termini

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:41:56 CEST 2015

On 10/22/15 9:05 AM, Joan Clark Nicolas wrote:
> Dear gmx users,
>
> I am trying to simulate a protein-ligand system in gromacs 5.1 with capped
> termini and using Virtual Sites.
> When I try to generate the tpr file with grompp, it seems that it is
> missing some constraint parameters for the bonds of C from ACE and N from
> NME with their respective virtual sites. The error I am receiving is the
> one that follows:
>

> *ERROR 1 [file topol.top, line 8967]:*
> *  No default Constr. No Conn. types*
>

> *ERROR 2 [file topol.top, line 8968]:*
> *  No default Constr. No Conn. types*
>

> *ERROR 3 [file topol.top, line 9505]:*
> *  No default Constr. No Conn. types*
>

> *ERROR 4 [file topol.top, line 9506]:*
> *  No default Constr. No Conn. types*
>
> where errors 1 and 2 correspond to ACE C-VS bonds and errors 3 and 4
> correspond to NME N-VS bonds. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing, but not all constraint types are necessarily defined,
especially for capped termini.  You will have to calculate appropriate
[constrainttypes] for ffbonded.itp and add them.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore