[gmx-users] GROMACS compatible Charmm36 Phospho residues

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Oct 23 20:59:50 CEST 2015

On 10/23/15 2:45 PM, Parker de Waal wrote:
> Thanks Jason for the quick reply,
>
> However I'm a bit concerned about the residue geometry (http://i59.tinypic.com/tar8m9.png), It looks as if the O3P atom is too far from the phosphate group.
>
> Is this normal for SP2 residues in CHARMM?

That's definitely wrong, as if there isn't even a bond between those atoms.  But
I don't see how that would be possible, as the .rtp file correctly defines the
bonds.  That atom is OT, not O3P (we have O1P, O2P, and OT in the SP2 residue) -
did you change the .rtp file?  If you changed the name, you probably didn't
change it in the [ bonds ] directive as well, and hence you would be missing a
bond in the topology.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629