[gmx-users] 5ns simulation in 2 hours
Smith, Micholas D.
smithmd at ornl.gov
Thu Oct 29 13:56:10 CET 2015
A few clairfying questions:
1) What is the size of the system?
2) What is your frame saving rate?
3) Are you using a GPU? What about MPI or OpenMP?
60ns a day (what 5ns/2hours) is not unheard of given a reasonable system size and GPU acceleration. If you are curious about the performance you can always check your log files and see what is going on.
Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics
From: gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se <gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se> on behalf of Sana Saeed <bioinformatic.lady at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:24 PM
Subject: [gmx-users] 5ns simulation in 2 hours
hi gmx users!i run 5 ns simulation and it took only 2 hours..is it possible? its showing no error..
Gromacs Users mailing list
* Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!
* Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists
* For (un)subscribe requests visit
https://maillist.sys.kth.se/mailman/listinfo/gromacs.org_gmx-users or send a mail to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users