[gmx-users] Generating Entropy from Umbrella Sampling Data

Billy Williams-Noonan billy.williams-noonan at monash.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:15:27 CEST 2016

Yes we've noticed that.  Our error estimates for enthalpy are quite high
compared to the free energies at each umbrella window.

On 2 August 2016 at 17:10, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:

> On 20/07/16 02:51, Billy Williams-Noonan wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>>   Thank you...!  To clarify, in Figure 4 of the paper referred to, you
>> seem
>> to have plotted the enthalpy of each frame against the COM pull distance
>> and then used those values and the PMFs at each point to compute -TdS ?
>> If
>> so I might do something similar.
>>
> Yes indeed.
>
> The only problem is that enthalpies converge much more slowly than free
> energies.
>

>> Billy
>>
>> On Wednesday, 20 July 2016, David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 19/07/16 12:22, Billy Williams-Noonan wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi David,

>>> Billy

>>> --
>>> David van der Spoel, Ph.D., Professor of Biology
>>> Dept. of Cell & Molec. Biol., Uppsala University.
>>> Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
>>> spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se
>>> --
>>>
>>> * Please search the archive at
>>> posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

> Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone:  +46184714205.
> spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://folding.bmc.uu.se
>
> * Please search the archive at
> posting!

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

Billy Noonan*    |    *PhD Student    *|*    Bsci ( *Adv* ), IA Hon

*LinkedIn Profile
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/preview?locale=en_US&trk=prof-0-sb-preview-primary-button>
**|*   +61420 382 557

Monash Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences ( *MIPS* )
Royal Parade, Parkville, 3052