[gmx-users] electrostatic energy calculation

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 12:17:46 CEST 2016

Yes you need to use mdrun with the -rerun option. I did this as follows:

1. use make_ndx to add the desired selections into your index
2. make a new mdp with the energygrps option listing two index items by name
3. grompp -f rerun.mdp -c npt.gro -p topol.top -o rerun.tpr -n index.ndx
4. mdrun -v -deffnm rerun -rerun md.trr
5. gmx energy -f rerun.edr and select the terms corresponding to coulomb
SR and LR

You can use the -sum option of g_energy to sum these terms together.

Best wishes
James