[gmx-users] Full topology from pdf2gmx

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:52:13 CEST 2016

Hi,

No, indeed there is no tool for that.

But I think for didactic purposes it is also good to have an example
topology file with comments that observe that the role of the files
included above by forcefield.itp is to provide default parameters, which
function as if

#include "forcefield.itp"
; description of what this does, including expressing things like
; [atomtypes]
; type-a type-b function-type distance force-constant
; CT     CA      1             0.14 4.3e5
; which i'm just making up for the example

[moleculetype]
; name   nrexcl
Example 3

[atoms]
1 CT
2 CA

[bonds]
1 2 ; looks up the atom types for 1 and 2, and then the default bond for
those types, so equivalent to
; a b function-type distance force-constant
; 1 2 1             0.14      4.3e5
; but could be over-ridden with explicit parameters if that was useful

Mark