[gmx-users] Trajectory has one atom less

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:04:18 CEST 2016

What atoms do you have in your groups A and B? Without the -fgroup option
(new in version 2016), Gromacs tools only support trajectories that contain
the first N atoms from the topology file. The trajectory file does not
contain atom indices.

So if your groups have other atoms than 1-18109, you cannot use a
trajectory that contains only them together with the original topology.
Prior to 2016, you can possibly create a topology for your subset with
convert-tpr, and also update your index file to match the new topology.

Best regards,
Teemu