[gmx-users] Upgrading to Gromacs/5.1 - Problems with Umbrella Sampling

Dan Gil dgilgmx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 19:34:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

I am changing from Gromacs/4.6 to Gromacs/5.1, and I have a piece of .mdp
file that I am confused with.

I am pulling an atom of solute, indexed a_Cooh, towards the COM of solvent.
This is a slab geometry, with the plane normal to the z-axis direction. My
output (pullx.xvg) should contain the deltaZ value between the solute Z
coordinate and solvent COM z coordinate. With my current Gromacs/5.1
attempt, I don't think I am getting the correct results.

On Gromacs/4.6:
pull =umbrella
pull_geometry =distance
pull_dim =N N Y