[gmx-users] Problem with my pull-code or my topology (or both) - help appreciated

Billy Williams-Noonan billy.williams-noonan at monash.edu
Mon Aug 8 01:33:28 CEST 2016

Hi All,

Just an update.  I regenerated the topology for the linear peptide with the
ATB and found myself with similar problems.

Will this pull until the Z-component of the COM distance is 3.2 nm and hold
it in place?

pull                    = yes

pull_ngroups            = 2
pull_ncoords            = 1
pull_coord1-groups      = 1 2
pull_group1_name        = reference_pull_group
pull_group2_name        = Pull_Group
pull_coord1-type        = umbrella
pull_coord1-geometry    = direction
pull_coord1-dim         = N N Y
;pull_coord1-rate       = 0.00005
pull_coord1-k           = 1000
pull_coord1-vec         = 0 0 1
pull_coord1-init        =  *3.20*
pull_coord1-start       = no

pull_print-components   = yes

pull_nstxout = 10
pull_nstfout = 1

Is this doing what I think it is doing?  Because it has worked for every
other example I have been using.

Best regards,

Billy