[gmx-users] Problem with my pull-code or my topology (or both) - help appreciated

Billy Williams-Noonan billy.williams-noonan at monash.edu
Mon Aug 8 23:00:38 CEST 2016

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the confirmation that the pull-code is doing what I thought.
:)

My confusion is in the fact that the stability of my system seemed to
depend largely on what cluster I used.

If I used this one:
http://www.synchrotron.org.au/about-us/our-facilities/scientific-computing-a-it/massive

Every umbrella window of my system crashed within 200 ps, generating over
1000 LINCS warnings.

But if I did the same thing (no changes) on this cluster (Snowy):
https://www.vlsci.org.au/page/computer-software-configuration.

Everything runs stably.

And there are never any LINCS warning on the local machines we have either,
where I simply pull the ligand into position over 400ps, but what I'm
finding is that sometimes the ligand never moves to the specified COM pull
distance even with the high force constant, but when I re-equilibrate my
ensemble it usually does...

Hope that helps explain my confusion...

Best regards,

Billy