[gmx-users] MPI GPU job failed

jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk jkrieger at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 15:30:09 CEST 2016

I'd suggest installing another gromacs version without MPI then. Your
system doesn't have enough CPU nodes to support it I imagine as you asked
for 2 and got 1. You could try the following first though:

mpirun -np 2 gmx_mpi mdrun -ntomp 10 -v -s 62.tpr -gpu_id 01

That way rather than having 1 mpi process with 20 openmp threads you have
2 mpi processes with 10 openmp threads if it works. I'm not sure whether
it will though.