[gmx-users] Problem with binding energy

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:22:06 CEST 2016

On 8/18/16 8:13 AM, Ben Tam wrote:
> Hi Billy,
>

> To be more exact, the system has been energy minimised through DFT calculation. We want to compare that with MM force field by using the same co-ordinate.  Henceforth we don't need an average gibbs energy but one specific frame energy calculation.

You're doing the single-point energy correctly, right?

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Single-Point_Energy

It's not clear to me from the description whether you are or not.

The -250 kJ/mol is the interaction energy from DFT, I presume?

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629