[gmx-users] Temperature interval in REMD simulations

asaffarhi at post.tau.ac.il asaffarhi at post.tau.ac.il
Fri Aug 19 12:16:04 CEST 2016

Dear Ishrat,

Roughly speaking, the temperatures should be chosen so the acceptance
rates between replicas in adjacent temperatures are kept relatively
constant. The high temperature should be such that k_B*T_high should
be similar to the energy barriers relative to the "equilibrium state".
 From T_high and up your results should not change.

You can take a look at the last paragraph in the appendix of
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378437113006468

In addition there is also Hamiltonian REMD (H-REMD) in which the
temperature is kept constant and lambda is used instead (not having to
worry about the speed of the atoms at high temperatures).

See for example
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1310.2112v17.pdf, Sec. VI

There are references in both links.

Best,