[gmx-users] Remove PDB and center the protein.

dipak sanap dipak94sanap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:58:45 CEST 2016

Hi, thanks for reply.
If I understand correctly, one should not carry out multiple passes to
achieve multiple conversions of trajectory. Here, I want both protein to be
centered and PBC removed.

So, instead of case 3, I did following and it keeps protein in the center.

trjconv -s *.tpr -f *.xtc -center -o centered.xtc
trjconv -s *.tpr -f centered.xtc -pbc mol -ur compact -o centered_noPBC.xtc

Is resulting trajectory correct for analysis? Is there way to know if
anything is wrong with trajectory if there is no problem in vmd
visualization?