[gmx-users] Running gromacs in parallel

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:34:06 CEST 2016

Hi,

The GROMACS log files will report whether they were built with MPI support,
and how many ranks the MPI system told the GROMACS executable that were
available. Assuming you've built with MPI support (rather than thread-MPI),
then you'll need to read your slurm and cluster documentation to work out
how to use hostfiles, etc. to tell slurm that all 64 processes should work
together.

Try another non-GROMACS MPI program to see whether you can make it work.
The odds are very much in favour of you needing to configure correctly
either your build of GROMACS or the slurm setup or the slurm usage.

Mark