[gmx-users] I have questions for tabulated bonded potentials

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Aug 31 02:38:40 CEST 2016

On 8/30/16 8:35 PM, Chang Woon Jang wrote:
> Dear Justin Lemkul,
>
>     I have seen the 4.2.12 and Table 5.5. However, it does not show the
> specific example for several tabulated potentials in topol.top file. I
> created table_b1.xvg, table_b2.xvg ... table_b5.xvg, table_a1.xvg,
> table_a2.xvg ... table_a6.xvg, table_d1.xvg .... table_d4.xvg. Those are
> different n values for each interactions.
>
> However, 4.2.12 just says that "Multiple tables can be supplied simply by
> using different values of n, and are applied to the appropriate bonds, as
> specified in the topology (Table 5.5)".
>
> In Table 5.5, tabulated bond funct is specified with 8 or 9, but there is
> no explanation for distingushing several tables to specify different bonded
> interactions.

In section 4.2.14:

"For each interaction, the force constant k and the table number n are specified
in the topology."

In Table 5.5 (in the column "Order of parameters and their units"):

table number (≥ 0); k (kJ mol−1)

So for table_b1.xvg with k = 1000 (just an example) to be applied to atoms 1 and 2:

[ bonds ]
; ai aj func table k
   1   2   8   1    1000

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences